WATConsult, India’s biggest independent digital media agency, won 13 awards including the ‘Social Media Agency of the Year (Independent)’ Asia-Pacific level, beating agencies from over 12 countries, at the Socialathon Awards on August 22, 2014 in New Delhi.
With more than 300 entries including 100+ APAC entries, the win has catapulted WATConsult to the top of the chart in India making it the highest awarded independent digital media agency.
An elated Rajiv Dingra, Founder & CEO, WATConsult said, “Any award ceremony is as prestigious and as credible as its jury. The jury at Socialathon was not only the best minds of APAC region but also had the complete mix from all the large agency networks as well as media and creative representations. There was also Unilever, which being one of the largest clients using digital in the region, representing the client view.
I believe due to this the APAC wins become very credible and prestigious for us. It’s also a clear validation that our work is now comparable to work done in the APAC region.
As an independent agency, winning, retaining and growing business are all huge challenges. Unlike a network where global wins or APAC wins result in growth in business in India by default, as an independent agency, we need to win and grow one account at a time and there are no default wins.
Over the last 8 years we have grown to a 150 people team across 4 cities in India with 85 renowned brands as clients. We have also grown from a social media specialist to providing full service digital solutions. But in spite of this growth we believe we were still relatively lesser known in the industry dominated by large networks. This award certainly is a big boost not only to our confidence and motivation but also helps us illustrate to clients and partners that we are a leading agency not only at an India level but at an APAC level. It adds tremendous credibility to our already growing name in the industry”
The awards won at the Socialathon awards 2014 are listed below:
1. (APAC) Social Media Agency of the Year – WATConsult
2. (APAC) Bronze – Best Use of Social Communities
3. (APAC) Bronze – Best Use of Social Media in a Larger Campaign
4. (India) Gold – Best Use of Social Communities
5. (India) Silver – Best Use of Social Media in a Larger Campaign
6. (India) Silver – Placement of Content
7. (India) Silver – Creating and Managing Social Communities
8. (India) Silver – Always On/Real Time Response
9. (India) Silver – Best Use of Co-Creation
10. (India) Silver – Best Use of Social Media on Mobile
11. (India) Bronze – Social Commerce
12. (India) Bronze – Best Use of Social Nomenclatures such as Tags/Hashtags
13. (India) Bronze – Best Use of Co-Creation
WATConsult has asserted its supremacy in terms of the quality of work being done for its clients. The competing agencies included the likes of Ogilvy one, IBS, Social Wavelength, MEC etc. which are some of the biggest names from the Digital Industry in India.