Social media is quickly becoming a direct means of driving company revenue, but the ways that brands can earn attention authentically on these platforms is still largely misunderstood.
Even as social evolves as a marketing tool, the fact remains that its primary purpose is for sharing information that educates, inspires, or entertains, and provides context for meaningful dialogue.
The following 5 rules of social media etiquette will help you attract and build relationships with the followers that mean the most to your business:
- Focus the majority of your posts on genuine engagement with customers by replying to posts or tweets, reposting or retweeting, and answering questions.
- Do not use automated services for replies or direct messages. These limit engagement with customers and are viewed as spam.
- Be authentic to your brand personality while maintaining professionalism and common courtesy.
- Share quality information that your audience cares about and will build your credibility.
- Be dependable to your followers by maintaining a consistent presence Photo.