Mumbai : Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd. (“RBNL”), today announced its proposal to acquire Imagine Showbiz Ltd. (“ISL”), through a buy-out from Cinestar Advertising Pvt. Ltd. (“CAPL”). This proposed acquisition by RBNL will include a 100% purchase of ISL’s shareholding, along with other assets including:
• Intellectual Property rights
• Vast music library
• Rich Bollywood content
• High end technical expertise – including top of the line studios and equipment
• Well spread distribution network
This acquisition will fit excellently into the overall business strategy of RBNL, leveraging excellent synergies with its radio arm – 92.7 BIG FM, its Intellectual Property arm – BIG Live and its integrated sales offering through BIG Connect. The acquisition will be done through RBNL’s wholly owned subsidiary Reliance Television Pvt. Ltd.
• Excellent synergies between this television channel and 92.7 BIG FM, with music and Bollywood as a key common programming mainstay
• Similar audiences and markets, will allow for common use of research, music expertise and audience mapping analysis
• RBNL’s Intellectual Property business – BIG Live will also see business synergies with this channel
• Ability to monetize this channel through RBNL’s integrated sales arm – BIG Connect
• RBNL will distribute and place both Showbiz as well as the network of 3 BIG CBS Channels, giving it additional strength on ground
• Distribution synergies with Reliance Digicom
• Leverage Bollywood content from Group companies like BIG Pictures, BIG Music and Home Video
• Content integration across Mobile, Digital, VAS and 3G platforms
• The equity of the ‘BIG’ brand will ensure the channel has accelerated speed to market
With these synergies, this acquisition promises to work as an excellent addition to the business mix, further strengthening RBNL’s portfolio.
RBNL is a multi-media entity with presence across the verticals of radio, out of home, experiential marketing, digital and has recently made its foray into the television industry through its momentous joint venture with US’s No. 1 Television Broadcaster, CBS Studios International. The Company has significant plans of further strengthening its television business and this takeover is a strategic move in that direction.
Speaking on the occasion, Tarun Katial, Chief Executive Officer, Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd. said, “This proposed acquisition is in line with the overall strategy to create ownership of multi-media consumer touch-points. It will further strengthen our television portfolio, from the English space into the Hindi entertainment space. This business deal seems a natural choice, given the seamless business fit, spanning across our verticals of radio, intellectual properties and digital along with the Group synergies. We are confident of building the Channel into a robust entertainment option with novel programming enhancements, while offering an exciting platform for marketers.”