Fairfax Media Limited [ASX:FXJ] Chief Executive Officer Greg Hywood will today deliver a presentation at the Macquarie Australia Conference in Sydney.
The presentation contains updated FY15 H2 revenue trends for the Company for the period 1 January 2015 to 26 April 2015 (versus same period in the prior year):
Overall group revenues for continuing businesses are up just under 1% for the 1 January 2015 to 26 April 2015 period compared to the prior corresponding period.
While this is pleasing, it is important to note that we continue to incur costs to take advantage of growth opportunities.
Continuing businesses (which is not like-for-like) includes 100% of MMP (from February 2015) and 100% of the Macquarie Radio Network (from April 2015). 96FM has been excluded from FY15 and FY14 results following its divestment.
Revenues across our current reporting segments:
- Metro Media, which includes Domain, is up around 7%.
- Publishing revenues are down 7%.
- Domain’s overall revenue is up 54% including the benefit of acquisitions (MMP from February 2015 and Allhomes from October 2014), with its total digital business up around 32% and domain.com.au up around 27%.
- Australian Community Media is down around 8%.
- New Zealand is up less than 0.5% including currency benefit.
- Radio is up 9% on a continuing business basis which excludes 96FM (which has been sold) and includes four weeks of the combined Macquarie Radio Network.