Iodex UltraGel has signed up Olympic medallist badminton player Saina Nehwal as the new brand ambassador for Iodex UltraGel, and in the new TVC, she shares how it brings a true smile on her face.
Picture this… A badminton player at an international tournament is fighting severe muscular pain to stand strong on the ground, her smashes making the country proud as she wins the match and stands victorious. But instead of tasting her victory, she sits back to bury her face in a towel, trying to hide her pain. When she lifts her face, it is covered by a mask with a huge smile as she carries on interacting with the media and her fans. The smiling mask continues to hide her pain from the world.
But Saina decides to unmask herself by curing the pain and reaches into her kit bag. Iodex UltraGel comes to her rescue as the voice-over describes that Diclofenac in Iodex UltraGel is absorbed 90% faster through the skin as compared to the most prescribed pain gel. It then reduces internal inflammation in the muscles, providing effective relief from pain.
The TVC ends with Saina accompanied by hundreds of women throwing away their mask and saying “Iodex UltraGel apnao, dil se muskurao” (Try Iodex UltraGel and smile whole-heartedly).
People often experience severe muscular pain in their day-to-day lives but choose to hide it from their loved ones behind a smile. Iodex UltraGel lets you take this mask off by reducing the internal inflammation of the muscles and providing effective relief from pain.
Lab tests have now proven that UltraGel’s diclofenac has a 90% higher speed of penetration# through the skin than the leading prescribed* pain gel.
Talking about the new campaign, Amit Nandwani, ECD- LeoBurnett said, “Women putting up a brave face in day-to-day life to hide pain is a human truth that connects with everyone. Iodex Ultra Gel, with its unique formulation, aspires to put an end to their silent suffering. We needed to drive home the point in an emotional, yet hard hitting manner. I think the device of a smiling mask does it really well as it’s not just visually stark and cut through, but also makes for a refreshing piece of communication in the category.”
• Creative Agency: Leo Burnett, New Delhi
• Creative Team: Amit Nandwani (ECD), Kaushik Datta (CD), Ajitesh Verma (Copywriter), Mukul Upadhyay (Copywriter)
• Account Servicing Team: Shampa Maitra (Business Head), Alankria Narula (Brand Director), Kanav Sharma (Brand Associate)
• Planning Team: Rajeev Sharma (National Director Brand Planning), Chandana Raizada (Strategy Associate)
• Director for the film: Bodhayan Mukherjee (Buddy)
• Production House: Little Lamb Films
• Media Planning: Mind Share
• Language: Hindi
• Duration: 30 sec
#Laboratory study on human skin suggests that Iodex UltraGel has a 90% higher speed of diclofenac delivery across the skin than the Leading non-prescription pain gel* in the market. Data comparison between 2&8 hours.
* Comparison with leading non-prescription diclofenac-based topical pain gel. Source: C MARC data between July-Oct’13.