Some of Asia’s leading news media companies, including Singapore Press Holdings, South China Morning Post, Kompas, and the Nation Group, were among the winners of the 4th annual Asian Digital Media Awards presented tonight (13 November) in a ceremony in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, by the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA).
The awards, the most prestigious recognition of outstanding work in the fields of online media, online video, infographics, cross media, mobile publishing, tablet publishing, and social media, were presented to more than 20 companies, individuals and publications in Asia-Pacific, South Asia and the Middle East.
The ceremony was held at Digital Media Asia 2013, WAN-IFRA’s annual digital conference which opened yesterday and gathered 290 media executives from 31 countries.
Digital Media Asia is WAN-IFRA’s premier digital conference in the Asia-Pacific region and the Asia Digital Media Awards ceremony is one of the highlights of the event.
The selections were made by 29 international jury members, coming from prestigious media companies such as: Le soir (Belgium), Kurier (Austria), AIM (USA), Telegraaf (Netherlands), El Siglo de Torreon (Mexico), Dagbladet (Denmark), Polaris Media (Australia), Telegraph Media Group (UK), Society of News design (USA), Irish Times (Ireland), Ringier (Switzerland), Media 24 (South Africa), Dogan (Turkey), Verdens Gang (Norway), Asahi Shimbun (Japan), and others.
WAN-IFRA’s Digital Media conferences have become a referent in the digital publishing industry, with more than 1,000 delegates from around the globe annually attending the Digital Media Europe (DME), Digital Media Asia (DMA), Digital Media India (DMI), and Digital Media Latinoamérica (DML) series of events. This DMx network of events makes it one of the most relevant international business platforms dedicated to the transformation of the news media industry.
[stextbox id=”alert”]Gold medal prize winners in the Asian Digital Media Awards were:
– Newspaper Website, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.
– Magazine Website, Mongoose Publishing Sdn Bhd, for Time Out Kuala Lumpur,
– Online Video, MINDEF Public Affairs, Singapore, for “Fat to Fit”,
– Online Infographics, South China Morning Post, Hong Kong, for “Kowloon Walled City: Life in the City of Darkness”,
– Cross Media Editorial, Seven West Media, Australia, for “Syria’s Refugee Crisis”,
– Cross Media Advertising, Singapore Press Holdings, Tiger Beer, ‘Have you been good this year”
– Mobile Publishing, Thanh Nien Newspaper, Vietnam, for its Thanh Nien Mobile
– Tablet Publishing, PT Kompas Media Nusantara, Indonesia, for Kompas Archipelago Culinary Expedition
– Social Media, Nation Broadcasting Corporation Public Company Limited, Thailand, for the Nation Group