CNN-IBN and IBN7 won honours in several categories at this year’s News Television Awards. At a glittering ceremony held in the capital on Saturday, March 29th, the channels’ shows and journalists were recognised for their insightful and impactful coverage in the following categories.
News Television Awards, presented by Indian Television Dot Com Pvt. Ltd., acknowledges the excellence in Indian news Television in 42 different categories covering Programming, Personality, Promo, Design, Packaging and Special awards.
Started in 2007, NT Awards attempts to honor the Best of channel programmers, anchors, presenters, technicians, producers, editors, reporters and management every year.
Speaking on the occasion, Rajdeep Sardesai, Editor-in-Chief, CNN-IBN, IBN7 & IBN-Lokmat said, “It’s an honor for us to yet again receive the prestigious NT awards in various categories. Such Awards are recognition to our spirit of fair and relentless journalism, our undying effort and IBN Network’s unprecedented leadership in the sphere of Journalism. I salute all the winners for this accomplishment and wish them to keep the energy going.”
Awards won by CNN-IBN:
• Best Investigative Programme (English) – Girls In Bondage
• Best Business Talk Show (English) – Face the Budget
• Best Sports Talk Show (English) – The Big Cricket Poll Debate
• Best Awards Initiative by a News Channel (English) – Senior Citizen Awards
• Best Daily News Bulletin (English) – India at 9
• Best Current Affairs Special (English) – UP’s Killing Fields
• Best News Debate Show (English) – India at 9
• Best Set Design (English) – Indian of the Year
• Channel Packaging of the Year (English) – CNN-IBN
• Best Promo Campaign by a News Channel (English) – Putting Journalism First
• Best News Videographer (English) – Arul Prakasam
• Best TV News Presenter (English) – Suhasini Haidar
• Best News Channel Website – IBNLive.com
Awards won by IBN7:
• Best Talk Show (Hindi) – Zindagi Live (Living with Cancer)
• Best Awards Initiative by a News Channel (Hindi) – Zindagi Live Awards