The annual India Radio Forum 2014 (IRF) concluded on May 30, convened key radio and media players in a common arena at The India Habitat Centre, New Delhi to present strategic options, and latest development on radio of today and of the future, followed by The Excellence in Radio Awards.
RED FM topped the winners list with 11 awards including Best Breakfast Programme (Hindi) and RJ of the year (Hindi) for RJ Malishka, and Best Radio Station Imaging among others. 93.5 Suryan FM bagged two awards for Best Radio Promo – In-House (Kannada) & Best Breakfast Programme (Tamil) making it 13 for the group.
93. 5 RED FM being the premium presenting sponsors for the India Radio Forum’s Excellence in Radio Awards for the 9th year in a row, received awards in all four categories of talent, programming, advertising and, promotions & marketing.
Among the various dignitaries present there, Mr. B. Surendar, COO, Suryan FM delivered the welcome note with Mr. Ashwin Padmanabhan of BIG FM. Radio playing as loudly as ever, with new digital options, new funding sources and a host of innovative ways to connect, is being recognized as a valuable part of the media and content creation mix.
The discussions with varied panellists unveiled the upcoming trends in radio, how the advertising landscape is evolving, the growing focus on digital marketing display, advent of digital radio and its competitive advantage.
The session on evolution of advertising landscape witnessed comments from industry experts on the dynamics of radio as a medium that tells a compelling story. The session was moderated by Satyajit Sen of Zenith Optimedia and included Mr. B Surendar , COO, Suryan FM and other eminent people from Radio networks.
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Narayanan, said, “Radio broadcasters have to rethink their strategy to maintain revenue, while continuing to enhance the listening experience for a more engaged audience. We are excited to be recognised for the good work once again. Awards & recognition are true rewards for the hard work the team puts in. Being awarded as the Best RJ and Best Station is the cherry on the cake.”
RED FM’s breakfast show RJ, Raunac, also contributed to the session ‘Living the Radio Dream’ moderated by Mr. Sunil Kumar of e4m. RJ Raunac shared his experience on being the Youth Ambassador of Delhi by Election Commission of India in the recent 16th Lok Sabha elections and talked about the social responsibility he encounters by engaging and influencing the listeners, and the art of storytelling to his loyal listeners.
93.5 RED FM also gave away their branded merchandise to all the delegates present at the event. This year’s IRF brought together the best of talent, marketing & promotion and creative excellence in the radio and media industry in India.
List of Awards bagged by RED FM:
1. Best Breakfast Programme (Hindi) – 93.5 RED FM Mumbai (Morning No. 1 with Malishka)
2. RJ of the Year (Hindi) – 93.5 RED FM Mumbai RJ Malishka
3. RJ of the Year (Gujarati) – 93.5 RED FM Ahmedabad RJ Devaki
4. RJ of the Year (Marathi) – 93.5 RED FM Pune RJ Anniruddha
5. Best Radio Promo – In-House (Kannada) – 93.5 RED FM Mysore Sankranthi Promo
6. Best Radio Station Imaging – 93.5 REDFM Ahmedabad RedRaas
7. Best Interactive Idea – 93.5 RED FM Mumbai Pothole Utsav
8. Best Media Campaign – 93.5 RED FM Delhi Crime Ki Keh Ke Lenge Season 2
9. Excellence in New Media Initiative – 93.5 RED FM Ahmedabad Ads Gino Sona Jito with Whatsapp
10. Best FM Station 93.5 RED FM Mumbai Mumbai
11. Best Use of Music/Song/Jingle by an Advertiser in a Radio Spot – ZenithOptimedia Nescafe Mornings on 93.5 Red FM